Why is PCMA’s Annual Conference Such a Great Deal?
Budgets may be tight, but the 24th Annual Club Membership & Marketing Conference remains a bargain when it comes to bang for your buck. Here are five reasons why:
- Curious about the market relevancy trends affecting our industry? Interested in case studies and success stories? Looking for the opportunity to connect with like-minded peers? You will leave the PCMA conference feeling inspired, informed and supported by a network to call upon long after the conference is over.
- Engage in the 9 hours of dynamic educational experiences featuring a mix of general sessions, breakout sessions, and breakout roundtable discussions.
- Be proactive during the 4 hours of time dedicated to connecting with and learning from niche specific industry vendor resources that can impact your club operations.
- Earn continuing education credits. The conference experience affords you credits accepted by CMAA, CSCM and PGA to keep you up-to-date and compliant.
- There’s no getting around it – traveling can be expensive. PCMA conference registration includes all meals except dinner. Plus, discounted hotel accommodations and professional headshots are provided at no additional charge - both huge value adds!
A Success Story...
"Like many clubs, Sawgrass was hit hard by the economic downturn. We were struggling to find that “magic bullet” that would bring in new members and turn our club around. Searching for answers I turned to PCMA and was introduced to Club 360, the concept of engaging all of the club’s assets to enhance usage and satisfaction of our members. It was logical and innovative idea and I decided to take it back to the club.
With the support of our team, I began providing regular, relevant reports to our board, management and department heads featuring national and local market trends, our competition, demographics and member usage. For most of the team, this was new information and really opened our eyes to new opportunities.
Through knowledge, we were able to build a marketing plan that appealed to our specific marketplace and an emerging new family market. Essentially, we made a calculated effort to address our dress codes and to feature creative events directed specifically to the market we were trying to attract. The programs were wildly successful and created a buzz that Sawgrass was the “fun” club.
The Result: Membership grew to capacity at 1475 members with a 3 year wait list, we completed over 13M in renovations, built a new fitness center, and renovated our Beach Club. Our members just approved a new 24.5M teardown and rebuild of our Clubhouse.
The Club 360 approach provided the knowledge and confidence our Board, Management and staff needed to make the long-term decisions to propel our club forward to the future. The bottom line, conference attendance and the concepts learned can make an extraordinary difference to you and your club."
Janet Collins, CMP
Director Membership Services
Sawgrass Country Club
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL